1. Report Issues Promptly
To ensure a timely resolution, it’s essential to report any issues as soon as possible. We advise that you thoroughly inspect your new home and notify us of any cosmetic defects upon legally completing the purchase. Your Sales Negotiator will complete a Home Demonstration and Customer Acceptance Certificate with you whilst walking the property with you. This requirement is specifically relevant for certain things, including:
- Kitchen units and appliances including ovens, hobs, hoods, taps and white goods.
- Sanitary ware, including shower trays, cubicles and bathroom fixtures.
- Decoration and tiling.
- Doors and windows.
- Floor coverings.
- Gates, fences and sheds.
2. Regular Servicing
Regular servicing plays a crucial role in maintaining the optimal performance and longevity of various components in your home. By keeping up with recommended servicing schedules, you can ensure that these items remain fully covered under your warranty.
Please refer to your user manuals for full servicing details however, here are some items listed below:
- Heat pump, boiler and cylinder: an annual full service by a qualified, unvented hot water system engineer is essential.
- Smoke and security alarms: adhere to the manufacturer’s servicing instructions.
- Solar panels (if fitted): to be professionally cleaned and serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Appliances: follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for servicing.
- Mechanical ventilation heat recovery (MVHR) system (if fitted): to be professionally cleaned and serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
3. Regular Care and Maintenance
While our homes are built to a very high standard, there are a few minor issues that fall under your general household maintenance. To help maintain the quality and condition of your home, we recommend the following:
- Seal normal shrinkage cracks caused by the property drying out, provided they are no wider than 2mm (or 4mm on stairways).
- Address nail pops during routine decoration.
- Maintain and repair grout or mastic seals to prevent leaks in your kitchen and bathroom.
- Clear gutters regularly.
- Maintain external paintwork using products in line with the manufacturer’s guidance.
- Oil garage doors, door hinges, windows hinges and handles.
- Take care of lawns and landscaping including leatherjackets.
- Clear shower traps of hair and debris.
Remember, by following these care and maintenance practices, you can contribute to the longevity and optimal performance of your home’s features.
At Curo, we are committed to building quality homes designed for modern living. We prioritise safety, environmental impact, and creating thriving communities. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide you with a home that you can truly call your own.
If you have any further questions or require assistance, please refer to your Handover Pack or contact our dedicated customer care helpline. We are here to support you throughout your homeownership journey. We are delighted to have you as part of our community and look forward to ensuring your ongoing satisfaction with your Curo home.